MARC is our proprietary multi-stage custom graphics application. This unique paint process allows you the freedom to customize your PC like never before. Through MARC, we are able to place custom designed graphics and artwork on the front and/or side panel of your PC. In order to ensure accuracy with color, sizing, and placement, we've prepared the following guidelines to aid you in the creation/preparation of your artwork.
- All provided artwork must be application ready. While we may be able to assist with a simple non-invasive change to your artwork, we do not provide graphic design services in-house.
- Once a proof is approved, no further changes are permitted. Printed panels cannot be modified.
- For best results, we recommend the use of high-resolution lossless artwork or vector graphics. (See Preparing Your Artwork below for more info)
- Want to layout your design entirely from scratch? Templates for each desktop model are available in PSD (Photoshop) format. (See Templates below for more info)
- Send your artwork to MAINGEAR via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Too large to attach? Send it through our WeTransfer at maingear.wetransfer.com
- Need inspiration? Check out our MARC Gallery for some examples of previous work!
We are currently able to offer MARC on the following desktop models: VYBE, TURBO, and F131
MARC is not currently available on laptops.
Preparing Your Artwork
To ensure the best application quality, lossless high-resolution photos (PNG, TIFF) or vector graphics (SVG, AI, EPS, PDF) are recommended.
We require 300DPI files, so if you'd like an image that is 10" x 10" square, your image file needs to be at least 3000 pixels by 3000 pixels.
Not sure what DPI your file is? It's easy to check. Right-click the image file in Windows, select Properties and then the Details tab. Scroll down to horizontal and vertical resolution. That is the DPI of the image file. For more information on DPI, and why it's important, check out this guide.
While JPEG is one of the most popular image file formats, its lossy compression makes it less-than-ideal for printing. This is especially noticeable with larger graphics or anything containing text. For more information on why you should avoid using JPEG images for high resolution printing, check out what the experts at NoJPEG have to say.
SVG, EPS, AI, PDF (Vector)
Typography, logos, illustrations, 3D renders
Complex graphics, color accuracy, photography, scanned media
Complex graphics, photography
Smaller non-complex graphics
Ultra-small single-color graphics
|FORMAT||MARC QUALITY||BEST FOR|
|SVG, EPS, AI, PDF (Vector)||Highest||Typography, logos, illustrations, 3D renders|
|TIFF||High||Complex graphics, color accuracy, photography, scanned media|
|PNG||High||Complex graphics, photography|
|JPEG||Medium||Smaller non-complex graphics|
|GIF/BMP||Low|| Ultra-small single-color graphics
Each chassis offers a specific amount of printable space. Both the front and solid side panels (or both) can be used to apply MARC. The printable area will vary based on the system, and you'll notice with the TURBO and F131, a side-located vent does obstruct the total printable area, although it can be printed over. All front panels feature the MAINGEAR logo, which cannot be printed over.
| FRONT PANEL
PRINT AREA (W x H)
| SIDE PANEL
PRINT AREA (W x H)
|MG-1||6.1” x 16.4”||N/A|
|TURBO||6.8” x 12”||13.7” x 11.2”|
|F131||6.4” x 20”|| 18.7” x 20.2”
|FRONT PANEL MAINGEAR LOGO (W x H)||SIDE PANEL PRINT OBSTRUCTION|
|MG-1||Approx. 1.5”x 1.5”||N/A|
|TURBO||Approx. 2” x 2”||Vent (approx. 4.5” x 6”)|
|F131||Approx. 2.3” x 2”||Vent (approx. 5” x 5”)|
Submitting Artwork and Proof Approval
The process is pretty straightforward, but of course, we're happy to answer any questions you may have!
1) Submit your artwork via email (email@example.com) or through WeTransfer (maingear.wetransfer.com). Be sure to specify the size, position, and placement you're looking for. (Example: "Center the logo on the lower third of the front panel opposite the MAINGEAR logo" or "Cover the entire side panel edge-to-edge"). While simple file adjustments are oftentimes possible, remember that we don't offer in-house graphic design, and so your artwork should be exactly as you want it prior to submission.
2) Await review and proof. Our creative team will draft up a proof based on your request. If the artwork provided is insufficient or further information is needed, we'll be sure to let you know.
3) Approve your proof. Once you've been sent a proof, we'll need your approval before we can proceed. If you have any revision requests, please let us know in a timely manner. Once a proof is approved, no further changes are permitted. If changes are needed after a proof has been approved, additional parts and labor costs would apply.
Templates are available for each system in Photoshop (PSD) format. You're welcome to download the template and lay out your graphics entirely from scratch. Many customers turn to professional graphic designers if they have a specific vision or theme in mind. What you choose to do with your MARC is entirely up to you. Make it your own!
Need some inspiration? Check out some of our past MARC work here.