MAINGEAR ELEMENT Quick Guide
Understanding the Keyboard
The following defines the row of function keys which also contain secondary hotkeys/shortcuts which can be accessed by pressing and holding down the Function Key (FN) while simultaneously pressing the desired hotkey/shortcut.
Using the Touchpad
- Select an item: Tap on the touchpad or press in the lower-left corner.
- Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
- Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
- Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
- See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
- Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe the towards yourself.
- Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.
- Open Cortana: Tap three fingers on the touchpad.
- Open action center: Tap four fingers on the touchpad.
- Some of these gestures are optional depending on the environment.
Tap twice in the upper left corner to disable the touchpad. Disabled when light is illuminated.
Click the touchpad similar to a mouse in the respective locations for left and right clicks.
MAINGEAR NODE Control Center
The MAINGEAR NODE Control Center is an application for customizing
the laptop functionalities. To launch, click on the MAINGEAR NODE
icon that is on the desktop or Control Center icon in the tray.
When Control Center opens it will default to the last windows accessed. Select the other available options by clicking on one of the icons on the left side of the window. Below are descriptions of the options available in each window.
- Keyboard Backlight: The default is on. Click the toggle to turn the keyboard backlight off and on
- LED Light Bar: The default is on. Click the toggle to turn the LED Light Bar off and on.
- Turn Off Display: Turns off the internal display. Touching mouse, touchpad or any key will turn the display back on.
- Display Mode: Select profiles for the display mode and quickly switch between them.
- Windows Key Lock: Select on to disable the Windows key, select off to enable the Windows key.
- Function Key On-Screen Display: Select on to enable the Function key, select off to disable the Function key.
KEYBOARD RGB SETTINGS
Use these options to set the color and behavior of the keyboard backlight. Preset modes and effects are available. Use the keyboard layout to customize the effect by individual keys are sets of keys.
- Enable Keyboard Backlight: The default is on. Click the toggle to turn the keyboard backlight off and on.
- Keyboard Backlight Wizard: This allows up to 5 different profiles to be saved for the keyboard backlight.
- Effect: Select from a preset list of effects for the keyboard backlight or customize one. Effect settings allows adjustments for brightness, speed and direction of the keyboard backlight effect.
- Brightness: Select the brightness level of the keyboard backlight LEDs.
Plugged In – Set the brightness level while the computer is plugged in.
On Battery – Set the brightness level while the computer is on battery.
LIGHT BAR RGB SETTINGS
Use these options to set the color and behavior of the LED Light Bar.
- Enable LED Light Bar: The default is on. Click the toggle to turn the LED Light Bar off and on.
- Plugged In: Set the mode for the LED Light Bar when the power adapter is plugged in. • On Battery: Set the mode for the LED Light Bar when running on battery
- RGB Color Bars: Use these 3 bars to adjust the color of the LED Light Bar
- Colorful: Pulsate Light Bar when the computer is asleep and plugged in. Check the box to enable this feature, uncheck the box to disable this feature.
Use the options to customize power and fan modes.
- System Power Mode: Use the options shown to set the power mode of the computer.
REDLINE Gaming – Select this mode for the best gaming and productivity performance. This mode allows the CPU and GPU to run at max speed.
Balanced – Select this mode for a balance between performance and battery life. In this mode, performance is slightly reduced and battery life is slightly increased.
Battery Saver – Select this mode to get the most hours out of your notebook. This mode optimizes performance in favor of maximum battery efficiency.
- The Control Center icons in the system tray will automatically change based on the power mode selected. *Icon images may vary*
- Fan Mode: Use the options shown to set the fan mode.
This section displays detailed information about your system, including battery status, fan speed, temperature and utilization of various components.