How to check system for Windows corruption?
DISM and SFC scans can run in the background to check for any corruption in windows that may have been caused by a windows update, recent driver install, or the result of malicious software. Please see instruction below on how to check for windows corruption. Please run these scans in the order shown below as well.
- Press the windows key and type CMD into the search bar.
- Right click Command Prompt and "Run as administrator". Make sure to click Yes to allow the program to make changes.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- This scan will let you know that it completed successfully but not let you know if it found corruption. At this stage it is recommended that you restart the system and run the second scan to make sure that no corruption was missed. This second scan will tell you about any corruption it finds so take note of if it does or does not.
- sfc /scannow