How to check system for windows corruption?
SFC scan can run in the background to check for any corruption in windows that may have been caused by a windows update, recent driver install, or the result of malicious software. Please see instruction below on how to check for windows corruption.
- Press the windows key and type CMD into the search bar.
- Right click Command Prompt and "Run as administrator". Make sure to click Yes to allow the program to make changes.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- sfc /scannow
- If the system scan completes and no issues are found, your windows install should be fine. However, if issues are reported please run the command below to possibly resolve corrupted windows files.
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth