How to disable automatic restart on system failure?
In many cases you may not want your system to restart automatically after experiencing a blue screen crash in Windows so that you can record the error message. In order to disable or enable the BSOD automatic restart after a system failure, please follow the instructions below.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run prompt.
- Type in Sysdm.cpl and hit Enter to launch the System properties prompt.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Startup and Recovery, click on the Setting option.
- Under System failure, make sure to uncheck Automatically restart.
- Click OK to save your changed and close.
- Repeat these steps and recheck Automatically restart if you'd like to have your computer restart after BSOD crashes again.